The Past Within is an upcoming co-op puzzle adventure game where you must communicate what you see in the world around you to solve puzzles. From Rusty Lake, The Past Within is launching on PC, Mac, iOS, and Android on November 2, 2022.
The official release date reveal trailer showcases what players can expect from this creepy game in terms of the art style, graphics, and puzzles.
The Past Within is a co-op-only game. To play this game, both players need a copy of the game and a way to communicate. The reason is that the past and the future can’t be explored alone.
You must collaborate with a friend to solve puzzles and piece together the mysteries around Albert Vanderboom. It is essential that you have a way to communicate what you see around you to your partner, as it will help you solve puzzles and explore the world from different perspectives.
The key features of this game include:
- A co-op play-only experience where one player will experience The Past and the other will be in the Future.
- Work with your partner to solve puzzles and help put Rose’s father’s plans into action.
- Explore two worlds from two perspectives in both 2D and 3D environments– which is a first in the Rusty Lake Universe
- 2 hours of playtime. This can be extended by playing the game from the other perspective and replaying for a new start.
- Cross-platform play capability.
A game demo is available on PC and Mac via Steam if you want to try the game before the release date.
Explore the Future and the Past with a friend, and solve puzzles together in The Past Within. The cost for the game has yet to be revealed. Be sure to check out our Latest News section for more great content!