Sherlock Holmes: The Awakened, an H.P Lovecraft-inspired horror game, is receiving a complete remake. The remake is launching on PC, PlayStation 4, PlayStation 5, Xbox One, Xbox Series X/S, and Nintendo Switch in 2023.
The official reveal trailer for the Sherlock Holmes: The Awakened remake showcases the updated and high-definition graphics and the enhanced gameplay and soundtrack.
Sherlock Holmes: The Awakened is a Lovecraft and Conan Doyle crossover that puts players in the shoes of a young Sherlock Holmes. He is up against a dangerous and evil group that worships a terrifying deity called Cthulhu.
What initially began as a disappearance case, Sherlock is coming to learn that they aren’t alone in this world. There are ancient and terrifying beings waiting to destroy everything and everyone if they’re given a chance. Sherlock must uncover, expose, and stop the cult’s plans or face terrible consequences.
While this game was initially released in 2008, it is undergoing a complete remake. The only element that will be kept from the original game is the storyline, which will be modified to connect with the case from The Awakened to a younger Sherlock Holmes.
The features coming to Sherlock Holmes: The Awakening includes:
- New graphics and assets were made in Unreal Engine 4.
- Cut scene overhauls.
- Extra gameplay elements and mechanics for investigations.
- The story of Watson and Holmes will be rewritten and become more in-depth.
- Cases will receive minor story rewrites.
- Extra side quests will be added.
- New English voice recordings and multiple language translations will be available.
- Complete UI overhaul.
- Mind-bending insanity puzzles that will have you questioning reality.
- The camera will change to a 3rd-person camera perspective.
- A semi-open world structure set across several drastically different locations: Victorian London, a Swiss psych ward, New Orleans, Louisiana bayous, and Scotland.
Uncover and foil the plans of a sinister cult in Sherlock Holmes: The Awakened, a remake launching in 2023 on PC, PS4, PS5, Xbox One, Xbox Series X|S, and Nintendo Switch. Be sure to check out our Latest News section for more great content!